Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Baby dolls

So I made some little Steiner inspired toys this week, and it was really fun and easy.  I decided not to make the Waldorf Doll that I won from Julia because I was worried that it would be too involved and I would get all stressed out by it.  It looks really easy in the pattern instructions, but I suspect that I will actually find it a bit harder when I go to sew it.  Instead, I tackled this lovely baby doll pattern from Rhythm and Rhyme.  It was really fast and easy to make, and P and J adore their babies.  I used some left over wool from jerseys that I have cut up to make clothes out of, and its a great way to use those smaller scraps of material.

Instead of the pointy hats in the tutorial, I made mine long tubes and then sewed the edges together (more on how to do this in a further post).  I also decided not to sew the hats onto the babies heads, since they are for P and J, rather than smaller children.  This proved to be a very good idea, because they love to take the hats off and put them back on.  In fact, P has requested that I make more clothes for them.


Notice the little blurry foot in the picture, I struggled to take any photos without little ones trying to grab their babies and run off.

1 comment:

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...