Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Serendipity and the Hospice Shop

 After my epiphany about J's birthday presents I decided to hit the Hospice Shop for some bits and pieces.  Unfortunately it was a Saturday, so I had to let P and J come with me.  Well, I didn't have to, but when they get so excited to buy 50c worth of pencils and a pencil case to go with them, I don't mind indulging them.  While we were shopping for childrens books, pencils and a strange plastic rose originally from the Body Shop, I found some things to use for J's birthday presents.

A treasure tin
 Complete with floral motif! J did ask what the tin was for, and I just said for some stuff.  She'll still be very excited to see it on her birthday.

And some placemats to make into a flower press.  The original tutorial uses coasters, but I thought they might be a bit small for the flowers J likes to collect.  So I was on the look out for something a bit bigger, and there they were.  Its hard to tell from the picture, but they aren't full size placemats, more like something in between a coaster and a placemat.  In fact exactly the size I was looking for.  So I snapped them up as well.

 And finally a book about roses.  Since I'm going with the floral theme I thought these pictures would look fabulous pasted onto the top of the placemats.

 So $3 well spent on my birthday present bits, and once again when I have needed something, the Hospice Shop has come through for me.

Joining up with the Op Shop show off with Blackbird has spoken today.

3 comments:

  1. finding you from op shop show off.....how clever thinking outside the box regarding the placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book of roses looks delightful! Would love to see your finished place mats. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that tin is very pretty indeed. i've bought (retail sadly) my girl 5 tins for christmas/birthday presents, she just loves the stashing/hiding stuff in tins too.
    beautiful illustrations in that book too, i like the idea of making placemats to suit yourself rather than having to just buy what the shop offers. great to have you linking in x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, please, pretty please,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...